Application Deadline: February 1, 2017.
- $10,000 TO BE AWARDED TO ONE MUSLIM ARAB AND ONE JEWISH ISRAELI WORKING
TOGETHER TO ADVANCE PEACE
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the annual Victor J. Goldberg IIE Prize for Peace in the Middle East. The prize recognizes outstanding work currently being conducted jointly by two individuals, one Muslim Arab and Jewish Israeli, whether or not a citizen of Israel, working together
to advance the cause of peace in the Middle East. The two individuals whose work is judged to be most successful in bringing people together and breaking down the barriers of hatred will share a $10,000 prize.
Nominations may be submitted by the individuals themselves or by a third party. Nominations will be due on February 1, 2017, and the winners will be announced in the spring.
- To advance the cause of peace in the Middle East
- To bring people together across religious, cultural, ethnic, and political divides
- To break down barriers of hate towards “the other”
- To recognize innovation and reward those who are courageous and committed enough to work to overcome the religious, cultural, ethnic and political issues which divide the region.
- To inspire others in the U.S. and the Middle East
- To be eligible for the Prize, at least one of the nominated individuals must have participated in an international exchange program administered by IIE or funded by any of IIE’s sponsors if administered by another organization.
- Alumni of the following programs, among others, are encouraged to apply: Fulbright Programs, Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships, International Visitor Leadership Program (formerly International Visitor Program, or IVP), State Department Middle East Partnership Initiative, Ford Foundation International Fellowship Program, Ford Foundation Global Travel and Learning Funds, United States Institute of Peace, and training programs funded by Foundations, the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the World Bank.
For More Information: