Application Deadline: August 14 2013
Africa Grants for the Academic Year 2014
For students from developing countries who are currently studying in South Africa at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch and the University of Witwatersrand. MMMF awards grants of approximately US$4,000 each.
- Has a record of service to women and a commitment to improve the lives of women and/or children in her country or other developing country.
- Is enrolled at the University of Pretoria, the University of Cape Town, the University of Stellenbosch or the University of Witwatersrand when applying and remains enrolled during the entire year covered by the grant.
- Resides in South Africa at the time she submits the application and during the course of the academic year in which the grant applies (except for dissertation research elsewhere, to be so indicated on application).
- Will use the grant toward completion of her degree.
- Will be able to use the grant money which is to be paid into her student’s account at the enrolled university.
- Is a national of a lower or middle income developing member country, as designated by the MMMF (Country Eligibility List).
- Intends to return to her country or another developing country within about two years of completing use of the MMMF grant and perform at least two years of service.
- Demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance.
- Is at least 25 years old by the application deadline.
- Is not related to any World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
There are no exceptions to the MMMF educational grant criteria listed above.
MMMF Application Process – Africa Program
The applications for the 2014 MMMF Africa Grant opens on May 13, 2013 and will close on August 14, 2013.
A COMPLETE application package consists of the following (NO exceptions):
- One (1) Online Application Form (see item A below).
- Two (2) Recommendation Forms (see item B below).
- Five (5) Additional documents as listed in item C to be uploaded when filling the Online Application Form.
Please make sure to submit ALL documents as listed. Only complete applications will be accepted.
|Choose one of the following options to start/access your online application:|
|First Time User:||Returning User:|
|Register to apply||Log-in to continue with application|
Note: your e-mail address is your unique User ID. Attempting to change your email address during the application process will force you to start the process from the beginning.
- Recommendation Forms—Deadline: August 14, 2013 at 23:59 SAST
- Two (2) recommendation forms are required. One must be by a professor from your present institution. The other can be by a former professor/supervisor from your country or elsewhere. One of the individuals must have known you for at least two semesters.
- Please input information of your referees in the Online Application. Your referees will receive an email with a link to this page.
Scan (PDF-format preferred) and upload in the Online Application Form.
- Your most recent transcript/academic report (available from the Registrar’s Office of your University) or progess report available from your program supervisor or professor.
- Your University Registration for 2013.
- One (1) passport-size photograph (jpeg, tiff or png – minimum 300 ppi resolution).
- Picture page of your passport (for all foreign students) or national identification document with photograph for South African students.
- Your study permit for South Africa (not applicable for South African students)
ALL the above documents (A-C) must be uploaded together. The MMMF will only accept electronic submissions.