Application Deadline: August 7, 2015.
The International Reporting Project (IRP) is pleased to announce a group reporting trip focusing on health and development issues in Ecuador on October 18-29, 2015.
Ecuador, a country of nearly 16 million, has made major strides in healthcare and development, including dramatic improvements in healthcare efficiency.
Yet many challenges remain. There are discrepancies between the quality of care and resources available at public and private facilities. Residents of rural areas may not receive the resources available in urban centers, and neglected tropical diseases persist.
Fellows on the twelve-day reporting trip will examine a range of issues related to health and development in Ecuador.
- The Ecuador trip is open to innovative journalists, bloggers, influential social media practitioners, and other media professionals. Unfortunately, this trip is not open to students.
- Priority will be given to applications from citizens or residents of Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States
- The IRP will purchase the fellows’ roundtrip air tickets to Ecuador and will pay for visas, hotel costs, local transportation and several meals.
- Fellows who wish to extend their stay after the fellowship will have the option to arrange that at their own expense.
- All fellows on the Ecuador trip are required to participate in the sessions arranged for the group program.
- Much of the value of a group reporting trip comes from both meetings that IRP arranges and the interactions the fellows have with each other. Some independent reporting time will be included in the schedule.
How to Apply
- All candidates must complete an application form and provide a detailed essay of at least 800 words describing the types of stories they might pursue.
- Participants will be expected to post frequent stories – such as articles, blog posts, infographics, interactive stories, slideshows, social media posts, video and audio clips – before, during and after the trip.
For More Information;