Application Deadline: Sunday 15th December 2019 at midday (UK time).
Applications are now open for the Reuters Trainee Programme 2020. Thomson Reuters is looking for smart, ambitious graduates or early-career reporters to join our global team of 2,500 text and visuals journalists and tell the stories that matter.
The news reaches a global audience of more than 1 billion people each day. From politics and finance to sports and showbiz, we are committed to fast, accurate and independent reporting. In everything we do, we strive for insight and impact.
- Scheme lasts 9 months, starting September 2020
- Intensive month of training in London, then 8 months in a Reuters newsroom in one of the following countries: China, Singapore, UK, Mexico, South Africa, Egypt, Lebanon or United Arab Emirates
- Opportunity to become a staff correspondent or video journalist if you perform strongly
- Applications due by Sunday 15th December
- Participants selected by April 2020
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both
- Drive to build sources and break news
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish
OTHER USEFUL SKILLS (NOT PREREQUISITES)
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- You should apply directly via our careers site
- Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
- All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter
- Applications open Friday 1st November and close on Sunday 15th December 2019 at midday (UK time).
RECRUITMENT PROCESS & TIMELINES:
If successful, you will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (November–December)
- Online Survey (December-January)
- Video Interview (January-February)
- Panel Interview (February–March)
For More Information: