Application Deadline: May 4th, 2018.
Thought For Food invites the world’s brightest, most passionate next generation innovators from around the world to take the lead in solving one of the biggest challenges facing our future: how are we going to feed 9+ billion people by 2050.
Join the 2018 TFF Challenge and develop breakthrough solutions that address the global challenge of feeding 9+ billion people by the year 2050. Participants will be competing for up to $25,000 in cash prizes and enrollment in an intense 12-week startup training program that culminates with an all-expenses paid trip to the TFF Global Summit.
By participating in the TFF Challenge, you are joining a movement of young innovators from 130 different countries who are reshaping our global food system. We believe that openness, collaboration, and an entrepreneurial mindset are key to feeding our growing world.
- The only requirement is that you are between the ages of 18-35 during the time of your Pitch submission!
- Participants in the TFF Challenge will receive access to the Design Thinking Lab, a proven training program in which you will work with world-class mentors who will help turn your idea into a reality.
- To compete for up to $25,000 in cash prizes and an all expenses paid trip to the TFF Global Summit, make sure you submit your Pitch by the May 4th deadline.
- The top finalist teams will be selected to join the TFF Bootcamp, a startup training program that will help you launch your new social enterprise.
Startup Bootcamp & Travel
The ten Finalist Teams will receive an all expenses paid trip to the TFF Global Summit and participate in the TFF Startup Bootcamp, a prize valued at $20,000. The runner-up prize is $5,000.
Thought For Food Awards
$10,000 Grand Prize
$7,500 Runner-Up Prize
Selected by an esteemed panel of judges, based on which teams have the largest potential to help feed 9+ billion people by the year 2050.
Kirchner Food Fellows Award
Selected by the Kirchner Food Fellows, based on which team they identify as the most promising to invest in.
Take It To The Farmer Award
Selected by the Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture, based on which team they identify as having a strong impact directly on farmers.
1. Sign up
Register by May 4th, 2018 to participate in the 2018 TFF Challenge. At least one member of your team must be signed up by this date.
2. Form your team
Create a team of three to five people (<35 years old). Make sure to add them to your team page, and that you each fill out your profile.
3. Complete the Design Lab & Submit your Pitch
Utilize the free Design Lab to take your team’s idea and turn it into a reality. This includes talking to customers, ideation sessions, and building prototypes. Expert mentors will be available to help coach teams to submit their pitch before the deadline of May 4th, 2018.
For More Information: