Submission Deadline: 31 October 2015, 11.59 p.m. CET.
International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD) is launching its first Trade and Development Symposium (TDS) Bridges Writing Competition. The competition will culminate with the recognition of winners at the 10th WTO Ministerial Conference in Nairobi, Kenya, 14-17 December, as well as global publication of winning entries via ICTSD’s electronic and print channels.
Over the past 20 years, The Bridges Network of periodicals have become a core resource in classrooms across the world. This year, there is an opportunity for students to participate. The TDS Bridges Writing Competition will give university students a platform to express their views about pressing topics on the trade and sustainability agenda. Participants are encouraged to provoke discussion, be constructive, and convince the jury.
Topics are based around the underlying themes at this year’s TDS. Applicants can choose one from the three topics below to write an essay:
- Trade Governance Structures: Working Together for a Better Future
- Africa’s Integration into the Global Economy: Is it Africa’s Time to Shine?
- Trade in a Post-2015 Era: The Time is Right
- To be eligible you must:
- Be enrolled in any field of study in a recognised, accredited university from any country or
- Have graduated in 2015.
- Entries are welcome from students from 18 years and older.
- Entrants must hold a passport that has been valid for at least six months and has three blank pages. This is necessary for obtaining a visa to enter Kenya. ICTSD will assist in the visa application process for the winner.