Application Deadline: December 4th 2020
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Program (TLU) supports students in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by providing undergraduate level academic matriculation, civic education, and leadership development. TLU is a leadership-training program, partnering with leading U.S.-accredited universities in the MENA region to build a cadre of community, business, and national leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally-skilled.
TLU targets students from around the region who are academically qualified, but who are otherwise unable to afford American-style higher education. Students will enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program in one of the hosting institutions: The American University of Beirut (AUB), The Lebanese American University (LAU) in Lebanon and The American University in Cairo (AUC) in Egypt. Each host university offers a civic awareness and leadership-based component and participants receive mentoring and internship opportunities with local civil society, business, and non-governmental organizations. In addition each student has an opportunity to study abroad in the U.S. for one semester.
The program covers the following:
- Full tuition coverage (for a maximum period of four academic years)
- Housing (double room occupancy)
- University health insurance
- Entrance visa and residency permit fees
- Monthly living allowance
- Two yearly round trip tickets from and to your home country
- Opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S. (subject to maintaining a CGPA of 3.0 and above)
- Civic leadership and career-oriented workshop
- Internship opportunities
- Faculty mentorship and guidance
Who is Eligible?
- For the fall 2021 enrollment class, applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria (Syrians residing outside of Syria), Yemen, and Iraq;
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2020. In Yemen, Syria and Iraq current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2019 or 2020;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English Language training if needed;
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2021.
Note: U.S. Citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply.
Interested candidates can access the online application through Tomorrow’s Leaders website at www.amideast.org/tl.
Please note that Tomorrow’s Leaders application window will close on December 4, 2020.
For More Information: