Application Deadline: August 31st 2020
SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN: CALLING CREATORS TO SHARE IMMERSIVE STORIES FOR A MORE SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Creators of all ages, countries and languages can bring the global community closer together by capturing actions that are making a difference in response to Covid-19, thereby sharing their vision of a post-pandemic world that meets the Sustainable Development Goals.
Use any type of media combinations—from combining pen and paper with an audio recording, to Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, or 3D design—that create an immersive story and connect with creators in other parts of the world to harness the universal creativity and solidarity.
Oculus MY World 360° Media Competition recognize that many people are restricted to move freely in their communities in the common effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to be creative within the context of your situation. Here are some guiding questions that might be helpful as you get started.
- How are you or people in your community making a difference in the face of COVID-19?
- How do these issues get us closer to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals?
- What’s your vision for a world where the Goals are achieved?
Type of Media accepted:
Your MY World 360º story may include one or more of the following:
- Audio recordings that engage listeners with a story or new idea
- Mixed media projects that combine drawings, photos, audio, video, animation and/or text in a unique way
- Panorama or 360˚ photography or video that immerses viewers in a new experience, point of view, or place
- Augmented Reality (AR) that brings digital content into our experience of the real world
- Interactive digital games, simulations, or experiences that combine 2D, 3D, or Virtual Reality (VR) elements
- Photogrammetry and 3D modeling that share natural or cultural artifacts
- Or something else—show us what’s possible!
- Share your talent with the world and help us tell the stories that ignite positive action with the world.
- Selected stories will be shared as part of the MY World 360º Selection, and showcased as part of United Nations events and activations.
- Connect with other MY World 360º creators from around the world, develop your skills and access mentoring and sharing opportunities
Submit your media using the online form and share on social media tagging @SDGAction and @DigitalPromise and using #MYWorld360.
Individuals or teams are welcome to create or co-create and share projects. Educators and adults working with students under age 18 are welcome to share their students’ media. Creators ages 18 and above are welcome to post their original work directly. Projects can be in any language.
For More Information: