Application Deadline: 31 December 2022
Lex:lead is happy to again announce a scholarship competition for students in developing countries. Up to 15 one-time awards of US$500 will be awarded in February 2023 to winning essays submitted by 31 December 2022 answering: How can developments in Fintech impact upon economic development and how should it be regulated?
Lex:lead is a group of international lawyers and friends who support economic development focusing on the world’s least developed countries. Lex:lead offer an annual essay competition on topics of law and development to students from eligible countries for one-time US$500 awards. In 2015, Lex:lead also started placing our students in internships with the World Bank and NGOs and in 2018, Lex:lead began offering mentoring to our winners. Launched with funding from the International Bar Association Foundation, Lex:lead is a partner to the World Bank-supported Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development.
- Eligible students (with citizenship and enrolment with at least one law class in an eligible country) (see Home page) are to register below by 31 October 2022; essays will be accepted from registered candidates between 1-31 December 2022 (no extensions).
- Proof of eligibility is not required unless you receive notification that you are a finalist being considered for an award.
- All essays must be in compliance with competition rules (see below) and will not be accepted from unregistered candidates or after 31 December 2022.
Award Essays submitted by the deadline will be independently assessed by judges from a panel of experts and awards announced in February 2023. Note that award cheques are generally made to the applicant’s educational institution for use toward the student’s tuition and/or books less any applicable bank conversion fees and/or taxes. The winning essays may be published.
Note that awards are generally payable to the winner’s educational institution on his/her behalf and not to the winning student directly. Funds may also be less any necessary bank conversion fees and/or taxes. Lex:lead will never charge a fee to participate. A Certificate of Participation will be sent to all registered candidates who submit an essay by 31 December 2022.
Reserved funding 2022:
• DLA Piper award for the highest-ranked winner from an eligible Asian country
• Jerome Poitou award for the highest-ranked award-winner from Haiti
For More Information: