Application Deadline: September 9th 2015 midnight EST
- The 2015 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
2015 CGAP Photo Contest Theme:
- Digital Finance – Unbanked people are increasingly gaining access to financial services through mobile phones and other digital channels. Show us how poor customers are using digital services.
- Smallholders Families – Smallholder farming households represent the largest client segment by livelihood of those living on less than US$2 a day. Show us how smallholder farmers and their families are putting financial services to use.
- Women’s Use of Financial Services – Improving access to financial services helps women achieve economic freedom to make better choices – not only for themselves but also for their families. Show us how women around the world are improving their lives with financial services.
- Small Business Enterprises – Providing access to finance for a small business owner might allow them to pursue her dream, support her family, and create jobs in her community. Show us how low-income entrepreneurs are using financial services to grow their businesses.
Entries must be:
- The original work of the entrant
- Non-infringing of the rights of others
- Respectful of the rights, sensitivities, and culture of persons depicted
- An accurate reflection of the subject matter and scene as it appeared, without alteration (other than standard optimization, including removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.)
- Grand Prize Winner
US$2000 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories and a display in Times Square on PR Newswire Jumbotron
- Second Prize winner
US$500 gift certificate for photography equipment
- Third Prize Winner
US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment
- People’s Choice Winner
US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories. Voting for the People’s Choice Award begins September 10th and ends September 17
One winner will be chosen from each region, based on the country in which the photo was taken. US$200 gift certificate for photography equipment
- Latin America and Caribbean
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- South Asia
- East Asia and Pacific
- Up to 20 photographs may be submitted per person. Entries may be entered by uploading digital files.
- Digital images or scans of prints may be uploaded. Original files of camera-made digital photos may not exceed three megabytes (3 MB).
- CGAP cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, late or misdirected entries, or for faulty uploading connections, garbled transmissions, unauthorized intervention, or technical malfunctions.
For More Information: