CIPE and Atlas Corps are looking for qualified candidates who have:
- Demonstrated research background relating to issues of democracy and/or economic reform.
- Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Finance, or a related field .
- At least two (2) years of professional experiences with proven record of research-based work.
- Proficiency in English (both in writing and speaking).
- Age 35 or younger.
- Currently working for a think tank, policy research institution, or a similar organization.
After the initial screening by CIPE and Atlas Corps, top applicants will be interviewed and selected by the respective Host Organization’s staff. Preference will be given to non-OECD applicants.
- Fellows will be based at leading think tanks in Washington, DC area for six months (January through July).
- They will serve 40 hours per week at their host think tanks, focused on a mutually agreed-upon research topic that relates to democratic and/or economic reforms.
- Fellows are expected to publish their research during the program through articles, blogs, and presentations.
- CIPE and Atlas Corps will provide Fellows with logistical support regarding visa, health insurance, stipend, and international travel.
- Fellows will also receive a monthly living stipend that covers basic housing, food, and transportation for one person.
Responsibilities of Think Tank LINKS Fellows:
- Conduct research on a topic that relates to democratic or economic reforms.
- Produce research results that meet the thematic and quality criteria set by CIPE, Atlas Corps, and the host think tank.
- Contribute to CIPE’s Development Blog (www.cipe.org/blog) to highlight key findings.
- Participate in Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab training sessions.
- Attend orientation, roundtable discussions, and other activities as required by CIPE, Atlas Corps, and the host think tank.
- If selected, pay a USD $250 participation fee, which will be returned upon successful completion of the fellowship.
- Return to home country after the Fellowship.
How to apply:
- Submit an online application at: bit.ly/FellowApplication.
- Select “Atlas Corps-CIPE Think Tank LINKS Fellowship” as the response to the question, “Please let us know where you learned about Atlas Corps.”
- Attach a writing sample (in English) that demonstrates your research, writing, and analytical skills. It should be in Word document or PDF file, and it should be no more than 10 pages.
- Follow the instructions on the application to attach two (2) letters of recommendations from individuals who know you in a professional capacity and can write about your skills and experiences as well as your potential for success as a Think Tank LINKS Fellow. One of the letters should be from your current employer.
For More Information: