Deadline: Novemeber 18 2013
UNICEF and The Guardian newspaper regularly produce special features about the role that business can or should play in realising the rights of children:http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/child-rights-business.
These features look at issues such as corporate social responsibility programmes and they showcase good examples from around the world. For the next feature – which will be published on The Guardian online at the end of November – UNICEF and The Guardian want to hear your views about the role that businesses can play in the development and well-being of children. By sharing your thoughts on UNICEF’s global youth community – Voices of Youth – the best entry will be published on-line.
- Your piece should be between 300 and 500 words long.
- Your piece needs to be written in English.
- Deadline for submissions is 18 November 2013.
- You must be 24 years old or younger.
- The piece you write must be an original piece written by you. If you use any information from other websites or quotations from people you should indicate who they are from and the sources (name of the book, website URL).
- The winning piece that will appear in The Guardian & UNICEF Sustainable Business Supplement will be selected by a panel of judges from The Guardian and UNICEF. The supplement will appear online-only. Runner-up submissions may be featured too.
- Your name, age, and location will be published in the supplement.
- The editors of The Guardian may edit the grammar of the winning piece for publication purposes.
How to Submit
· To submit your entry, go to www.voicesofyouth.org. Click on “sign up”.
· Follow the instructions to create an account. Once you have created an account, click on “create a post”.
· Submit your article by creating the post. For detailed instructions consult this section:http://www.voicesofyouth.org/en/sections/featured/pages/what-can-you-th–do-
· Please tag your article “Guardian Submission”.
· At the end of your article please write your name, your age, and where you are from.
For More Information: