Application Deadline: March 1st 2015
InChallenges are social entrepreneurship- and innovation competitions that empower youths in Sierra Leone, Kenya and South Africa to create and implement their own solutions to pressing problems in their communities.
How They Work:
- Any Senior Secondary School in Sierra Leone, Kenya or South Africa can nominate teams of 2 – 5 students to participate in the national InChallenge.
- The teams with the best proposals will be selected as finalist by an internationally acclaimed panel of judges and receive seed-funding to test and prove their solution to a well-defined local problem over a piloting phase.
- Teams will need to provide details of how the projects will be developed and why the teams are well suited to accomplish their projects.
- At the end of the competition cycle, the best finalist teams may be selected as winners, if sufficient progress has been made on their project.
- Each winning team will receive additional funding to further develop and scale their project.
- The award money is not meant for personal use of team members and must be used only for the project.
Project Proposals must include all of the following:
Contact Information: Provide each team member’s name, your school’s name, address and detailed contact information
Introduction: A brief overview of your project
The Problem: What is the problem that you are trying to solve through this innovation
Problem Motivation: Why is this problem important to you?
Proposed Solution: How are you planning on fixing this problem? And is it scalable?
Detailed Budget: What would the costs be to completing your project?
Plan of Action: What steps are you planning on taking to make this project a reality?
Semi-Finalist Developmental Awards
Semi-finalists will receive up to $500 USD to begin prototyping/developing their project proposals. The prize money will be determined by the detailed budget provided. Announced end of May.
Finalist Innovate InChallenge Grand Prize
Finalists will receive up to $1000 USD continue developing their project over the course of a year. Mentorship and additional resources will also be provided. Announced end of August.
For More Information: