Application Deadline: June 25 2014
$200,000 in Prizes
10 Champions of learning through play will receive a total of $200,000 from the LEGO Foundation and have their innovations presented at the 2015 in Billund, Denmark.
This challenge has been designed to allow everyone to contribute, connect and benefit. If you’re designing environments where kids and adults learn through play, whether at home, in a classroom or on a playground, we want to hear about it.
- This challenge is open to all individuals, organizations, and partnerships from around the world who are using play or playful approaches to enrich learning.
- All Players should be interested in joining a global network of change agents dedicated to re-imagine learning.
- Players should have a specific and thoughtful idea for re-imagining learning.
- Ideas must focus on transforming learning for children and young people using play, playful learning approaches, hands-on and minds-on strategies, or other innovative approaches.
- Entries may be specific and well-planned: new ideas, or established strategies with proven impact.
- Entries must be submitted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French.
- $500 cash prizes
- private consultation sessions with LEGO Foundation and Ashoka Staff
- exclusive opportunities to inform the construction of the competition’s supplementary entry form
- feature stories on their work distributed through media channels like Forbes and Huffington Post
- invitations to be featured contributors to a Twitter chat and participate in a Google+ Hangout promoted and broadcast to the broader network of competition participants
- early consideration for Ashoka’s Venture pipeline (the process by which Ashoka Fellows are elected).
Note: Entrants who submit their projects or ideas before May 21, 2014, are eligible to win one of two Early Entry Prizes. Being named a Player to Watch does not preclude an entrant from being named a Re-imagine Learning Challenge Champion. All entries will be evaluated based on the Changemakers criteria at the completion of the entry period.
- The opportunity to network and receive feedback on their projects through structured peer exchange opportunities to cash-in on “offers” specified by peers in their initial entry form
- Access to an exclusive semi-finalist Facebook group
- Representation of their work and perspectives in the data collected and analyzed for a competition white paper
- A structured opportunity to offer strategies for regional learning and education reform, and
- Additional feedback from Ashoka staff on their full entry form
- Invitations to participate in syndicated Google+ Hangouts for competition finalists during the final evaluation period
- Structured opportunities to motivate existing benefactors to contribute to their work
- Access to a competition Finalist Facebook group
- Personalized feedback from official competition judges
- Opportunity for a structured interview with one or two competition judges during final review period
- Consideration for Ashoka’s Venture pipeline (the process by which Ashoka Fellows are elected)
- Cash prizes totalling $200,000
- Opportunity to present their innovation at the 2015 LEGO Foundation IDEA Conference in Billund, Denmark, with the LEGO Foundation covering travel and accommodation expenses.
- Featured representation in competition-related media coverage
- Access to regional gatherings (where available) among practitioners in the play and learning space
- A private meeting with a representative of the LEGO Foundation to share their idea and vision
For More Information: