Application Deadline: 6th August 2018
- All persons between the ages of 15 and 24 years, as of 12 August 2018
- The UN Special Rapporteur will choose a submission that demonstrates an excellent understanding of the human rights to water and sanitation and that clearly expresses what the human rights to water and sanitation mean to youth.
- It can be in any language or format ranging from a photo, audio, video, text and combinations thereof. There is no limitation on the size or time as long as you can upload it on social media.
The winner will be selected based on two criteria without any order of priority. First, demonstration of understanding of the human rights to water and sanitation and second, creativity and attractiveness of the submission.
- Deadline for submissions: 6 August 2018
- Announcement of the winner: International Youth Day (12 August).
- The UN Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to travel to Geneva, Switzerland and to speak at a side-event of the 39th session of the UN Human Rights Council organized by the UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation. He or she will address the Geneva-based UN community, introducing the submission created for the challenge and/or speaking about the situation of the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation of his or her country.
- Travel costs will be covered.
- The dates for travelling to Geneva: TBC 10 or 11 September 2018
For More Information: