Application Deadline: April 16th 2018
The International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) is a multi-donor fund established under Article 18 of the 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions. Its purpose is to promote sustainable development and poverty reduction in developing countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention.
It does this through support to projects that aim to foster the emergence of a dynamic cultural sector, primarily through activities facilitating the introduction and/or elaboration of policies and strategies that protect and promote the diversity of cultural expressions as well as the reinforcement of institutional infrastructures supporting viable cultural industries. The IFCD is notably used to promote South-South and North-South-South cooperation, while contributing to achieving concrete and sustainable results as well as structural impacts, where appropriate, in the cultural field.
Public authorities and institutions from eligible countries (developing countries Parties to the 2005 Convention).
• Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from eligible countries (developing countries Parties
to the 2005 Convention): Non-governmental organizations that, according to their national regulations, are non-governmental and non-profit and that meet the definition of civil society
mentioned in the Operational Guidelines.
• International non-governmental organizations (INGOs) registered in countries Parties to the 2005 Convention: International non-governmental organizations (INGOs), which meet the
definition of civil society mentioned in the Operational Guidelines; and which present projects
that have an impact in developing countries at the sub-regional, regional or inter-regional level.
How to apply
Prepare the Application form:
• Download and review the Call for funding;
• Download and review the Annotated Guide;
• Download, save on your computer and complete the Project Framework (including the project objectives, budget, outputs/deliverables and list of team members). The Project Framework should be opened and completed in Microsoft Excel or similar applications;
• Gather digital copies for all Complementary Documents that are required for your application.
Complete the Application form: All the project proposals must be submitted through the online Application Form.
• Create your account at https://en.unesco.org/creativity/applicant/register;
• Log in at https://en.unesco.org/creativity/user/login and complete all the fields in the online
Application Form. During this process, you can save your application and come back later, using
your login and password;
• Upload the Project Framework and Complementary Documents in the dedicated fields
Before finalizing your application, ensure that all fields have been completed and accept the
Terms and Conditions
• Date, sign and click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button to finalize your application. Please note that the application and its complementary documents must be submitted in English or French.
All the Online Applications must be submitted at the latest by April 16th, 2018 ( midnight CET). Applications submitted after this date will not be considered for the evaluation.
For More Information: