Application Deadline: February 12th 2018
UNESCO commits to empower young women and men to facilitate positive social change, participate in the development of societies, eradicate poverty and inequality, and foster a culture of peace. As part of its efforts, UNESCO Office in Beirut is now launching a project competition to support youth-led initiatives that facilitates Global Citizenship in the Arab States. The initiatives should focus on Global Citizenship Education (GCED) and the Prevention of Violent Extremism through Education (PVE-E).
1. Members of the Youth Global Citizenship Network in the Arab States
2. Members of the Mediterranean Youth Network and previous event participants
3. Youth between 18 and 30 years old from the Arab States with previous project management experience
All the applicants are required to submit the given project proposal by February 12, 2018. Any late submissions will not be considered. Experienced project management officers in the UNESCO Office will review the submitted proposals based on the following criteria:
– If the proposed project facilitates Global Citizenship and the Prevention of Violent Extremism
– The cohesiveness and professionalism of the proposal
– Efficiency of the proposed budget
– Previous work
Note: The proposed project can be part of an already existing project that needs additional funding.
The pitching event will be held in UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in the Arab States (Beirut). Project managers of the pre-selected proposals will be asked to pitch their projects to a panel of judges from different social backgrounds. Pitchers are required to give a presentation and answer inquiries. Selected participants unable to participate in person will be asked to submit a short video presentation and answer inquiries live through Skype.
The top winners will be funded
- First Place– Up to 2500 USD
- Runner up – Up to 1500 USD
Contact: Danielle El Chemaly (email@example.com)
For More Information: