Application Deadline: Sunday 6 May 2018 at 11:59pm GMT+1.
Football is one of the most popular sports on the planet. Many of us share memories of playing football with friends in the street or in a field, using sticks or lines on a wall for goalposts. According to FIFA, 3.2 billion people watched the World Cup finals in Brazil in 2014. Considering its global reach and its individual appeal, football holds enormous power and potential to bring people of different cultures and countries together.
UNESCO and Juventus call on you to activate this power and spread a message of peace and tolerance through stories of football. Let’s build an online movement where pictures tell a thousand words. All you need to do is send a photo which showcases football’s potential to promote inclusion, overcome stereotypes and overturn discrimination in all its forms. Speak up, share your football story with the world and have the chance to win prizes and be featured in a campaign video.
It’s simple, what are you waiting for? Grab your camera and get snapping!
To enter the contest, please send your photo to [email protected] (link sends e-mail) along with a 150-200 word testimony (in English or French) explaining how football promotes and fosters inclusion, unity and tolerance, and overcomes discrimination. Please also indicate your first and last name, together with your contact details and your profession.
Photo composition and format
- Your photo should be dynamic and express movement/campaign messaging
- Your photo should be in colour and in high resolution (minimum 300 dpi)
- Dimensions can either be portrait or landscape, and the format can be either portrait, photojournalism, street photos, or action photos
- Signatures, photographers’ names, or copyright notices should be submitted along with the photo
- Your photo must be sent by email, in digital format, as a .jpg file
- A minimum of 3 winners and 7 runners-up will be selected. UNESCO will publish the results of the photo contest on 12 May 2018. Winners and runners-up will be notified directly and their photos and testimonies will be published on social media channels and the web. The ten best photos will be included in a promotional video which will be widely disseminated.
- The three winners will receive a Canon DSLR camera (or equivalent). Contest winners and runners-up will receive a personalized Juventus shirt 2017/2018 and a football.
For More Information: