Application Deadline: 15 January 2014
Post: Intern Communications – French/ English
Department: Communications Section, United Nations Volunteers
Location: Bonn, Germany
Duration: Opportunity of three to six months
Starting date:beginning January/ February 2014
Deadline for application: 15 January
Contact: [email protected]
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the United Nations organization that
contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide.
UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for recognition of volunteers, working with partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing an increasing number and diversity of volunteers,including experienced UNVolunteers, throughout the world.
UNV embraces volunteerism as universal and inclusive, and recognizes volunteerism in its diversity as well as the values that sustain it: free will, commitment, engagement and solidarity. UNV is headquartered in Bonn, Germany and has approximately 150 staff positions– the majority in Bonn with some positions in different UN peacekeeping missions, and other Headquarters locations (e.g. New York and Tokyo).
- Education: Completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) and current enrollment in a Masters degree or equivalent. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible;
- Field of study: Development-related fields such as economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment;
- Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably in an additional official UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese);
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organisations.
If you are a Master’s or PhD student in Communications, translation, journalism or related
subjects–and completely proficient to work in French and English– we would like to hear from you.
ApplicationsApplications (in English) should include the following:
- An application form [MS Word]
- Recent curriculum vitae (CV);
- A cover letter indicating the motivation and reason for an internship with UNV as well as the preferred field of work.
Financial aspects, expenses and medical benefits
- The Internship Programme operates on a non-remunerative basis. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his sponsoring institution or government.
- UNV accepts no responsibility for the medical insurance for the intern or for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during the internship period. Applicants are required to provide evidence of adequate medical insurance coverage.
- UNV is not responsible for any claims by an intern or third party in the case of loss or damage to property or death or personal injury as a result of actions or omissions on the part of the intern during the internship period.
Please see the requirements and conditions of internships with UNV here on the website: