Application Deadline: 24 September 2018
Selected teams will be invited to participate in a Bootcamp in Munich, Germany, where they will deep dive field-level challenges, ideate solutions, and refine project plans. WFP will introduce participants to cutting-edge innovation techniques, such as human-centred design and lean start-up, to create viable business models and use cases for WFP and its beneficiaries.
The weeklong intensive Innovation Bootcamp will culminate with Pitch Night –an opportunity for teams to pitch and shine in front of investors and industry leaders. The goal is to connect teams to a network of people who could help them scale their impact.
Teams may also be selected to participate in a three-to-six-month Sprint Programme, where they may receive up to USD 100,000 in funding, field access, and hands-on support so that they can test the solution’s impact and scalability for WFP. To facilitate implementation, we help teams identify and connect with a broad network of key stakeholders, including private sector and non-profit experts, donors, mentors and WFP country offices.
Submit your project so that together we can accelerate progress towards zero hunger.
- Your start-up, company or NGO must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
- Your team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that we prioritize projects that are designed alongside our core users—vulnerable communities—and piloted at an early stage to ensure impact and maximize cost effectiveness. We are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
For More Information: