Application Deadline: 24 November 2017
Post Title: Intern–Communications and social media
Duration: 6 months, starting January 2018
Duty Station: Turin, Italy
Organizational unit: UNSSC Directorate
Remuneration: 450€ per month
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the
United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for
the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness,
expertise and continuous learning through the development, co-ordination and provision of
cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The selected intern will apply her/his skills in the field of communications to support the
activities of the UNSSC Directorate. S/he will gain understanding of the UN’s work in general,
and in the area of communications, in particular. The incumbent will report to
the Policy and Corporate Coordination Officer, under the daily guidance of the UNSSC Communications focal point.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for the following activities:
- Updating social media platforms regularly with platform-specific content;
- Drafting communication materials including mailers, newsletters and web content;
- Supporting the execution of communication campaigns, events and other outreach activities;
- Assisting in drafting press releases, speeches and articles.
- Assisting with research, provide substantive and administrative assistance as required and perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme. in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism or equivalent.
Previous work experience is not required, however experience in the field of communications and public relations and experience working with professional social media platforms are considered an asset.
Knowledge of the UN is an advantage. Language competencies:
Excellent command of written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Italian is preferable.
Computer skills: Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME:
At the end of the internship period, a written evaluation of the intern’s performance will be
prepared and a meeting will be organized with the intern to provide feedback. Upon completion
of the Internship programme the candidate will be provided with a certificate of attendance.
Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from
UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the
stipend is fixed at 450€. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC
in connection with an internship agreement.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff
College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter, specifying why you would like to be considered for this internship;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected]
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 007
For More Information: