Application Deadline: February 28th 2020
Do you have a great public service project in mind, but need funding to get it off the ground?
If you are an U.S. government-sponsored international exchange program alumni*, you can team up with other #ExchangeAlumni (team leaders must be non-U.S. citizen alumni) to apply for an Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) grant!
AEIF supports teams of alumni with grants from USD $5,000 up to USD $25,000 for public service projects that promote shared values and innovative solutions to global challenges.
- One theme: Women, Peace, and Security
- Apply through your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- Two alumni = a team
The theme of Women, Peace, and Security includes projects that:
- Strengthen the role of women in peace, security, and governance;
- Engage women as partners in preventing terrorism and countering radicalization and recruitment;
- Promote protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation; or,
- Support women’s political, economic, and civic participation.
Exchange alumni should contact the Public Affairs Section at their local U.S. embassy or consulate to determine if there will be an AEIF 2020 competition in your country. If there is, you will apply for AEIF directly through your local U.S. embassy or consulate. Participating Public Affairs Sections will choose and submit the top proposals from their countries to the global AEIF 2020 competition.
Since its inception in 2011, AEIF has funded nearly 500 alumni-led projects around the world through a competitive global competition. Last year, 64 alumni teams representing 52 countries were selected for AEIF funding out of more than 1,400 project submissions.
For More Information: