Application Deadline: August 15th 2017
The Waislitz Global Citizen Award, an annual cash prize of $100,000 presented by the Waislitz Foundation and Global Citizen, recognizes the excellence of one individual in their work to end extreme poverty.
Recipients are selected based on individual merit in four key areas:
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: How does the nominee embody and exemplify the values and practices of a Global Citizen?
- IMPACT: What is the nominee’s track record of reducing extreme poverty?
- INNOVATION: How has the nominee brought new thinking to overcoming the challenge of ending extreme poverty?
- POTENTIAL: How would this award enable/support the nominee to scale or improve their work? How would the nominee use the funding?
To be eligible to win a Prize, the Prize Winners must:
- hold a valid passport, and be responsible for any requisite visas required to travel to New York City, for the period 18-23 September 2017;
- be able to attend the 2017 Global Citizen Live on Monday, September 18, 2017. Attending the Global Citizen Festival in New York City on 23 September, 2017 is optional; and
- agree to provide regular written updates to Promoter on their use of the Prize.
One winner will be invited to New York to attend the Global Citizen Live event on September 18, 2017 at Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, where they will receive $100,000. A short video covering the winners’ work will also be shown at the Global Citizen Live event on September 18.
The winner will also receive:
- Airfare and accommodation in New York to attend 2017 Global Citizen Live, Movement Makers, and the Global Citizen Festival the week of September 18-September 23, for the winner and a guest.
- The opportunity to participate in the Global Citizen Live Event, an event with the world’s leaders in business, media, technology and culture convene on September 18.
- Two tickets to the 2017 Global Citizen Festival on September 23, 2017
For More Information: