Application Deadline: July 10th 2019
You could join Microsoft at the Grace Hopper Celebration for a week of networking, professional development, and inspiring discussion.
Registered Windows Insiders can apply for the Windows Insider Women in Computing Award.
- To be eligible for the award, join the Windows Insider Program by registering at https://insider.windows.com/en-us/getting-started/#register.
- The award is open to all women currently in the process of completing a university computer science or related degree program. Entrants must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree-granting institution in order to qualify for the award (first year college students through post-doc students are eligible).
- Students who have accepted employment offers (2019-2020) at Microsoft are ineligible.
- International students arriving from outside of the U.S. will be responsible for securing their own travel visas.
- Award recipients MUST be available to attend both the Grace Hopper Celebration conference in Orlando, FL between October 1-4 and the one-day post-conference program on October 5, 2019, in Orlando.
- Award recipients also agree to participate in at least one community event or promotional media campaign for the Windows Insider Program. Award recipients may participate in the above virtually, such as through video conference.
Microsoft will provide a sponsorship that covers registration, airfare, lodging, and meals for up to 14 winners. Your trip to the Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando, Florida will be followed by a one-day professional development program hosted by Microsoft and the Windows Insider Program in Orlando.
How to Win
Submit a short video and brief written statement about your journey pursuing computer science and your vision for making an impact in your field in the future.
Your application will be judged on:
- Fit to Contest Theme: We’re looking for compelling stories from high-achieving women who are passionate about computing and their goals.
- Quality of Submission: We’ll be considering your ability to communicate effectively, including your potential for engaging with senior leaders within Microsoft, as well as members of the media.
- Creativity: We want to see your spark! The originality of the submission will also be considered. (Tip: Entries will be assessed for the quality of the content, rather than the production of the video itself or how flashy it is. The best submissions clearly communicate the story behind your passion and the impact you would like to make.)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Windows Insider Women in Computing Award