Submission Deadline: December 31st 2014
Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) is proud to announce the opening of the Women Stop War Essay Competition for students to get involved!
How would you change the current narrative of peacemaking to be more holistic?‘
Answers to this question can vary from improving criminal prosecutions of international war crimes, to including gender perspectives in the Security Council, to the necessity of tackling economic insecurity, sexism, racism or religious extremism to combat war, just to name a few examples of what your essay could look like. Most importantly, WILPF wants to hear your unique view on peacemaking.
- Graduate, undergraduate or Phd. students currently enrolled in an academic institution, as well as any students currently enrolled in secondary education (high school).
- 1st Place: 1,000 Euro Cash Prize, a free ticket to the Conference and your essay made available to all Participants!
- 2nd and 3rd Place: a free ticket to the Conference each and honourable mentions in the Conference Programme Book!
- Deadline for submissions is December 31st 2014, and entries will not be accepted after this date.
- Winner to be announced 1st February 2015
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF) International Essay Competition