Application Deadline: 4th June 2017.
Ahead of World Environment Day 2017, Earthplus, a global non-profit committed to environmental sustainability especially in Africa is launching an Africa-wide environmental video challenge for young people between the ages of 15 and 30. The challenge is supported by the current Miss Nigeria, Miss Chioma Obiadi as part of her Green Girl Project. There are fantastic prizes to be won. With the surge of technological advancement and fast-paced lifestyles, there has been a detachment for many of us from our natural environments. Activities like hiking, swimming, taking walks, gardening and cycling are no more as popular. We literally do not stop to smell the roses.
This challenge, in line with the theme of WED 2017 aims to once again connect young Africans to nature. You can enter it in three quick steps:
1. Take a video of yourself in any natural environment (Be it the beach, zoo, farm or any outdoor
environment). In the video, tell us:
a) Your name and what country you are from
b) That you are taking the video for the Earthplus Green People challenge
c) Why you chose that natural environment and what the place means for you (If there are any
childhood memories, please let us know)
d) What World Environment Day means to you
e) What you would do to connect people to nature, going forward.
2. Upload the video on You Tube with the hashtag #GreenPeople
3. Share the link on your social media handles with the hashtag #GreenPeople and send the link and a screen shot of one social media platform you shared it on to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all videos must be in English. If in any other language, please provide subtitled
The judges will watch all the videos and choose the best three based on the following criteria
1. How endearing your natural environment is
2. How well you connect to the environment and what it means for you
3. What world Environment Day means to you
4. How realistic, innovative and creative what you would do to connect people to nature is
- GRAND PRIZE- (The Earthplus Green People Prize) 15, 000 naira and one year ambassadorial programme with Earthplus 2nd and 3 rd Prize- Consolation Prizes and winner gets to feature in the Earthplus Pre-Bonn Climate Poetry video for COP23 in Bonn, Germany. (We are positive about more sponsorships coming in so the prizes could get even better)
- Be an African from one of the African countries (regardless of where you currently live)
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30
Submission of video links along with screenshots ends by 12: 00 midnight GMT on 4th June 2017.
Winners to be announced on the 5th of June.
For more information, visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/earthplusafrica
For enquiries, send us a mail at email@example.com