Application Deadline: August 7th 2015
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) is pleased to partner with two WFN Teaching Centres – The Department of Neurology of Mohamed V Souissi University, Rabat, Morocco and the Department of Neurology of Cairo University – on two Visiting Fellow Programmes for newly trained African neurologists.
The World Federation of Neurology (WFN) has 117 member societies and aims to foster brain health worldwide, working in partnership with the World Health Organisation (WHO) amongst others.
- The applicant must be a resident of an African country
- The applicant must be born after 31.12.1975
- French proficiency: oral and written for the position in Rabat, Morocco; or English proficiency: oral and written for the position in Cairo, Egypt.
- The WFN will offer the option of either a four year neurology training course or a one-year fellowship at the Mohamed V Souissi University in Rabat, Morocco (French speaking), and a one year neurology fellowship at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt (English speaking), starting in September 2015.
The purpose is to promote international neurologic training exchanges within the African continent, meet new colleagues, and foster future cooperation.
- The training for the four-year course in Rabat will include general and subspecialty neurologic patient care, electromyography, electroencephalography, and more. The one-year fellowship option in Rabat will be in Neurophysiology.
The training in Cairo will be for a one-year neurology fellowship. Training will be conducted in French in Morocco and in English in Egypt.
Mohamed V Souissi University, Rabat, Morocco:
The fellowship will offer a 4 year neurology training course, or a one year neurophysiology fellowship in French – Start date: September 2015
Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt:
The fellowship will offer a 1 year neurology fellowship in English – Start date: September 2015
The visiting fellow will receive the following support for the training period (4 years or 1 year in Rabat, Morocco/ 1 year in Cairo, Egypt)
- Reimbursement for one economy round ticket from the Fellow’s country of residence to Rabat, Morocco or Cairo, Egypt (once per year)
- Free accommodation
- A monthly allowance for living expenses (food and beverage)
To apply, applicants must submit their CV, a supporting statement indicating which training programme they wish to apply, and a letter of recommendation from their Head of Department by Friday, 7 August 2015 by email to [email protected].
For More Information: