Application Deadline: August 31st 2015
The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Masters or PhD Scholarships abroad for studies or research to graduates who are domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (the beneficial area) Scholarships are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
Duration is normally for a maximum of three years at the discretion of Trustees. In addition, shared awards for a taught Masters Degree are offered at the
- University of Cambridge (BC); University of Cape Town (BCT); Imperial College London (BI), the University of Leeds (BL); Rhodes University (BRU); Stellenbosch University (BS) and the University of Witwatersrand (BW).
- Graduates who are domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
- The Beit Trust is constrained by Act of Parliament to sponsoring ONLY students who are domiciled within Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe. The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already commenced their course.
- All applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December of the year of application.
- Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is also desirable.
- Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have completed 18 months of internship and preferably a one-year rural posting in the relevant country.
- Fees and costs of tuition and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- Payment of a personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and printing of a thesis, and return home.
- Economy Class air passages are provided by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study, and for the return at the end of the course.
- No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
- Prospective applicants, who must hold at least a degree of class 2.1, i.e. Merit or Distinction, should obtain details of the awards and application requirements form
Prospective applicants, who must hold at least a degree of class 2.1, i.e. Merit or Distinction, should obtain details of the awards and application requirements from:-
Zimbabwe and Malawi: Application lists open on 1 June and should be made to: The Beit Trust Representative, P.O. Box CH 76, Chisipite, Harare, ZIMBABWE. (Office: 5 Ludlow Rd., Newlands, Harare)
E-Mail: [email protected].
Zambia: Application lists open on 1 April and should be made to: The Secretary, The Beit Trust, Beit House, Grove Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5JB, ENGLAND.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Zimbabweans – download your application form using this online link. Zimbabwean applicants do not need to fill out an initial application form.
Malawians – download your application form using this online link. Malawian applicants do not need to fill out an initial application form.
Zambians – you need to fill out an initial application form using this online initial application link.
Please note that all documents including independent references must be received by The Beit Trust by 31 August.
For More Information: