Application Deadline: 23.59 GMT Friday, August 28 2015.
Young journalists working in the developing world are invited to enter a Thomson Foundation competition, which will form part of the 2015 UK Foreign Press Association (FPA) Awards.
Journalists must meet the following criteria in order to enter the award:
- Entrants must be aged 30 or under on 24 November 2015;
- They must be working in countries defined as “developing”, specifically with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita of less than $20,000 to enter their work;
- They must have a portfolio of three published or broadcast pieces of work produced in the 12 months preceding the deadline for submissions.
- The winner will be chosen from three finalists who will each be flown to London, spend two nights in the city and attend the gala award night at the Sheraton Park Hotel on 24 November 2015.
- They will join a host of other potential award winners and leading figures from the world of journalism.
How to enter
- Each entrant for the award needs to submit a portfolio of three pieces of work, which must have been published or broadcast on or after 28 August 2015.
- The work can be in any format – print, audio, video, multimedia or a combination of all four.
- Journalists will need to submit an entry form including written statements of up to 200 words per story summarising the content and any impact it had on the public debate in the country of publication.
- The completed form should be emailed along with the other required documents to the following address: [email protected]
For More Information: