Application Deadline: September 30th 2015
Educate yourself on financial sustainability, pass this knowledge onto your community and become eligible for a Fully Funded Paid summer internship in 2016 with DriveWealth in the United States of America!
The Financial Literacy Challenge “Creating A Sustainable You” seeks to have World Merit members first educate themselves on the basics of personal finance and investing, and then to pass on that knowledge to members of their local communities. The final product will be a video of you presenting your newfound financial knowledge to your communities.
Recruitment focuses on passionate and meritable global citizens between 18 and 30. They must have a passion to change the world, but focus themselves on developing their skills and understand the importance of financial security.
- Between 18 and 30
- Speaks (at least average) English
- Has an interest in finance or is eager to learn about it
- Wants to educate his/her community and pay it forward
- Has a passion to change the world for the better
- No degree or experience is needed but of course would give you an advantage, as would a knowledge of financial literacy.
Before educating your community, it is important to educate yourself. DriveWealth has developed a learning program “Save, Plan, Invest” which you must understand and complete before implementing it in your community.
After you have educated yourself, it is time to develop your strategy for your workshop. Find a venue, plan a session and locate your audience.
3) Pay It Forward.
Give your workshop to the biggest audience possible. Pass on the knowledge you have gained on the courses. Pay it forward. Note: it is crucial that you record your session. You need to provide video-evidence of the workshop.
Members will be judged on the following:
1) Completed DriveWealth’s quiz on the site on Financial Literacy.
2) Quality of the workshop provided and the accuracy of the content of the workshop material. This will be judged upon the video footage of the member’s workshop.
3) Impact of the workshop provided, i.e. how many people have participated in the member’s workshop, how many people has it reached and what was the positive feedback or learning people had on the workshop?
- 1 Winner
- Unlimited Drivewealth Badges
- 50 points for passing the drivewealth quiz
- 50 points for completing wall street survivor courses
- 250 points for delivering workshop
- Bonus points for audience over 50 people
The member that ‘pays it forward’ (i.e. teaches and reaches) to the most people will be eligible for a paid internship at DriveWealth during the summer of 2016 (costs of travel and lodging will be covered by DriveWealth).
Other members can earn the DriveWealth Challenge badge.
About the DriveWealth Summer Internship: DriveWealth conducts an 8-week summer internship from mid-June to mid-August. Interns are assigned projects in teams based on current DriveWealth business needs.
For More Information: