The Foundation has internship opportunities for recent Master’s Degree graduates to join the Foundation to compliment staff in various departments at its headquarters in Harare, Zimbabwe and offices in Accra, Ghana and in Nairobi, Kenya. The internship offers opportunities to:
- Work with a major international institution driving Africa’s capacity development;
- Participate and gain a deeper understanding of the work of ACBF in Africa
- Work collaboratively with experienced professionals from different countries across Sub-Sahara;
- Strengthen individuals’ educational backgrounds with practical work experience as they contribute to ACBF’s work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the department manager, interns will be responsible for the following duties among others:
- Research and analysis of topics relating to capacity building in Africa.
- Assist with the organization of meetings and events pertaining to the Foundation
- Draft reports and other documents needed on assigned topics
- Participate in day-to-day operational tasks of the department. This may include compiling information for requests received; developing presentations; collaborating with departments;
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
SELECTION CRITERIA (including skills, knowledge and experience required)
Selection will be on a competitive basis and the following minimum qualifications, experience and competencies are required:
Applicants must be enrolled in an advanced university degree program or recently completed a Master’s degree ( Master’s or Advanced degree) in a wide range of fields such as Business Administration, Communication, Economics, Information Sciences, Finance, Law, International Development, Public Administration, or any related Social-Sciences field.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and be accountable.
- Excellent written and spoken English and/or French language skills (knowledge of Portuguese will be considered an added advantage)
- Excellent research , critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent computer knowledge (MS applications)
- Demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Efficient in meeting commitments, deadlines and achieving results;
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend to defray subsistence expenses. Interns will be responsible for their own transport, medical insurance and accommodation expenses.
Internship is offered for a minimum period of two months up to six months; renewable up to nine months (maximum).
Applications, quoting the reference “Internship,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees and a personal statement should be received at the address below. Only candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted.
The Executive Secretary
The African Capacity Building Foundation
P.O. Box 1562
E-mail: [email protected]
For More Information: