Application Deadline: May 11th 2020
YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE) is a USAID-funded activity focused on building and disseminating the evidence on Positive Youth Development (PYD). YP2LE’s goal is to give program implementers, researchers, and young changemakers the information, tools, and resources they need to develop high-quality, impactful, and sustainable youth programs.
A core component of YP2LE is YouthLead.org, a global hub for young changemakers, aged 15-35. The platform is designed to help changemakers maximize their impact through connecting and networking with their peers at home and around the world; accessing resources and information that can support their work; and engaging opportunities to build their skills through learning events and campaigns.
Objectives of the YP2LE Youth Advisory Group (YAG)
The YP2LE Youth Advisory Group (YAG) is a 10-member group of young leaders that play a vital role in ensuring that meaningful youth engagement and leadership occurs across all YP2LE tasks and related activities. The YAG is expected to start in May 2020, with members serving one-year terms.
YAG Member Roles and Responsibilities
YAG members will support activities across YP2LE, including the global YouthLead.org platform and its related activities and campaigns. The overall role of YAG members is to:
- Provide input into YP2LE activities, tools, products, and services.
- Support specific tasks under the YP2LE project such as, research, communications, mentoring, capacity building, etc.
- Provide recommendations for how to strengthen youth engagement across YP2LE activities, including meetings and events.
- Support the development and dissemination of learning products from across YP2LE activities and the YouthLead.org platform.
- Promote inclusive approaches for youth (e.g., gender, youth with disabilities, LGBTQI) across activities.
During the year, YAG members will be required to:
- Participate (virtually) in the YAG kick-off meeting to be held mid-May 2020.
- Participate in ongoing YAG meetings to be held every other month.
- Participate one-to-one check-in calls with the YouthLead team every other month.
- Become a member of YouthLead.org.
- Dedicate two days (16 hours) per month during their one year tenure to YAG activities.
- Choose a specific role on the YAG, providing input and support to the YP2LE team (see Annex 1, page x).
YAG Member Qualifications:
YAG members will report to the YP2LE Senior Youth Engagement Advisor and will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and one year of work experience, OR a High School Diploma and six years of work experience
- Aged 18 – 30 years old as of May 1, 2020
- Are from a low- and middle-income country and/or very well acquainted with low- and middle-income country contexts and youth issues
- Spoken and written proficiency in English
- Demonstrated focus on youth development (for example: youth economic opportunities, entrepreneurship, education, gender, health, peace and conflict resolution, democracy and governance, media, or the arts)
- Are comfortable using technology such as email, WhatsApp, Google Hangout, Zoom, and Adobe Connect
In addition, our ideal candidates:
- Have an active membership in and/or leadership of a local, regional, or global youth-led organization and maintain strong connections with other youth organizations and networks
- Take the initiative and solve problems creatively
- Demonstrate they are excellent writers, communicators, and presenters
- Possess an ability to work effectively and respectfully with others from a range of different backgrounds, cultures, and communities toward achieving a common goal
All YAG members will be paid for their time, which must be documented in a form and format to be provided by YP2LE. YAG members will receive quarterly payments for a total 12 hours per month, to be paid upon the successful completion of their role.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their completed applications using the online application form on YouthLead.org.