Feminist Leadership, Movement Building and Rights Institute East Africa
27 – 31 October 2014
The sixth Feminist Leadership, Movement Building, and Rights Institute is a week-long course designed to strengthen feminist leadership, strategies and collective power for social transformation in Africa. The Institute will combine reflection on the current political landscape as well as past organising strategies for women’s rights in Africa by using a trans-movement-building approach. Looking at diverse movements in Africa and globally, participants will be able to relate some of the experiences and lessons from these movements to their own contexts, countries, and regions.
- Be a woman between 25 and 45 years of age
- Reside or work in East Africa (Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Somaliland, Tanzania, and Uganda)
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience working on gender issues, women’s rights, development, and/or youth activism (voluntary or employment)
- Be able to demonstrate how you will use what you learn at the Institute in your work and how you will continue to participate in follow-up activities
- Have a working knowledge of the English language and/or be bilingual if French speaking.
The sixth Feminist Leadership, Movement Building and Rights Institute will b e held in Nairobi,Kenya, during 27‐31October2014(Begins9amon27October;Ends4pmon31October).
Travel and Visa
Participants are responsible for incurring their travel costs to and from the Institute, and obtaining their own visa. CREA will assist with the visa process by providing a letter of invitation and required visa letters.
Tuition,accommodation,and meals for the duration of the Institute will be covered by the organisers. Participants will be required to pay a registration fee of USD100.
Participants must cover their own travel expenses.
Accommodation will be on twin‐sharing basis.
For More Information: