Submission Deadline: April 25 2014
IMF Africa Rising is seeking pictures from young Sub-Saharan African photographers of all abilities, ages 18 – 30, capturing through their own lenses the opportunities and challenges facing Sub-Saharan Africa. All contestants—whether they use cameras or cell phones—are asked to submit original images that best define one of the following three themes.
- African Economic Development
- African Innovations
- African Challenges
- Snapshot category (low-resolution images)
- Photographer Category (high-resolution images)
- Two Winners will receive 3 days all expense paid trip to Maputo, Mozambique. Opportunity to attend the #AfricaRising Conference and act as IMF youth photographer.
First Prize winners
• The First Prize winners in each category will be selected to receive the following:
– A three-day trip to Maputo, Mozambique, including economy-class round trip, full-board accommodation for 3 nights and ground transportation.
– To be eligible to this prize, participants must have a valid passport and be available to travel to Maputo, Mozambique, for three days on May 28-30, 2014.
• Winners selected to travel to Maputo will act as IMF youth photographers for the conference and agree to provide the IMF, free of any additional charge, a selection of images documenting the Africa Rising Conference. The photographers agree to pass the ownership rights to these photos to the IMF in exchange for the competition prizes.
HOW TO ENTER
- All entries must be submitted electronically, through the official website: www.africa-rising.org.
- There is no mail-in method of entry. Upon submission, each participant will be prompted to complete an electronic form consisting of basic personal information, such as name, last name, age, nationality, and e-mail address.
Submission Deadline: April 25, 2014
Online Voting Deadline: May 7, 2014
Winner Announced by: May 12, 2014
For More Information: