Application Deadline: October 31st 2014
Whom: Any African citizen, between the age of 18 and 30, with a passion for film and story telling can be part of it.
Unilever and MOFILM have partnered to create amazing opportunity: The Academy for African Filmmakers (AAF), an absolutely fee-free opportunity for filmmakers between the ages of 18 and 30, to sharpen their filmmaking skills and work on real, live, Unilever briefs.
The Academy for African Filmmakers mission is to empower, nurture and celebrate African filmmaking talent. Its aim is to develop expertise through working on actual briefs. There will also potential further funding to help create work as well as the possibility of seeing their finished films broadcast.
• You must be over eighteen (18) years of age;
• You must be a citizen of any state in the African continent,
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
Participants will be selected by MOFILM in its sole discretion.
The decision of MOFILM will be final and binding in all matters; no applicant will have the right to challenge the decision and no related correspondence will be entered into. MOFILM may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or forfeit applications it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Selected participants will be notified on or around 12 November 2014 by email, mail and/or telephone in MOFILM’s sole discretion. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a selected applicant cannot be reached or verified, or if a selected applicant is otherwise unavailable, the selection to participate in the Academy shall be forfeited and may be awarded to another applicant.
- Participation in the Academy is free of charge; however, MOFILM is not responsible for and will not cover any costs of your travel and accommodation, nor any other costs you may incur in relation to your application or participation in the Academy Program.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient funds available to you to fund all your personal expenses, including applicable travel to/from the venue and the accommodation during the term of the Program.
- AAF will be an intensive three-day course, created and delivered by experts from the filmmaking industry, which will run in Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa in December 2014.
- The curriculum will cover several aspects of filmmaker theory and practice, with a focus on developing story telling skills.
Spaces are limited so make sure you get your application in ahead of the deadline 31st October 2014.
The MOFILM team will be visiting Lagos, Nairobi, Cape Town and Johannesburg in late September and early October to tell local filmmakers more about AAF.
Lagos, Nigeria: 29 – 30 September
Nairobi, Kenya: 2 – 4 October
Johannesburg, SA: 5 – 7 October
Cape Town, SA: 8 – 11 October
If you would like to meet up with the team and learn more about the Academy or if you have any questions, then please email at [email protected].
For More Information: