Deadline: November 15 2013
Applications are now being accepted into the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2014. The Nigeria LNG Scholarship Scheme aims to build capacity in areas where NLNG’s host communities and the rest of Nigeria experience significant skills gaps, especially, but not exclusively, within the oil and gas industry.
What courses will be sponsored under the scholarship scheme?
A wide range of courses will be covered, including those listed below.
- Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Law (the various specialist areas)
- Medicine (the various specialist areas)
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences (Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance
- Information Technology
Criteria for Award
Potential beneficiaries must:
- Be entering into a Master’s programme in Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law and Medicine
- Possess a 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC programme
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their L.G.A.s
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2014 if selected
The Application Process
- The application form is to be completed and submitted along with a coloured recent passport photo of the applicant. Documents are not to be attached to the form as these will not be accepted.
- Applications into the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme will be received only via email at [email protected]. Exceptions will be given only to applicants with ‘special needs’.
The scholarship will cover among others;
- full tuition fees;
- a monthly stipend towards living expenses;
- one return ticket from Nigeria to the United kingdom;
For More Information: