Application Deadline: 15 November 2013
Applications for 2014/15 Chevening/Commonwealth Broadcasting Association Scholarships are now open.
For 2014/15 the Chevening Scholarship programme, in partnership with the University of Westminster, University of East Anglia, London City University London, International Students House, Goodenough College and the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA) will co-fund up to three Scholarships. These Scholarships are available to full time staff of CBA’s member organisations (full members and affiliates) from developing countries in the Commonwealth. The Scholarships are for one-year postgraduate courses in broadcast-related subjects at London City University, the University of East Anglia and the University of Westminster.
The MA courses funded are:
- The International Journalism MA
- MA in Media and International Development
- MA Media Management
The Scholarships cover tuition fees and accommodation and subsistence. Returned airfare must be paid by the member organisation.
The Commonwealth Broadcasting Association [CBA] is the largest global association of public service broadcasters. Its members are the broadcasters that communicate daily with the two billion citizens of the Commonwealth.
- Applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Bangladesh, Brunei, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, St Kitts, St Vincent and the Grenadine, Trinidad and Tobago, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, and Tonga.
- Candidates must be full-time staff of CBA’s member organisations (full members and affiliates) from eligible developing countries. Please check the CBA’s list to make sure your organisation is a member.
- Candidates must meet Chevening’s eligibility criteria (including English language requirements) before submitting their application.
- Candidates must also meet the eligibility requirements of the university to which they are applying.
Applicants must complete the relevant application form for City University London, theUniversity of East Anglia or the University of Westminster, as well as submitting anonline application for a Chevening Scholarship.
For More Information: