Submission Deadline: Friday, May 1, 2015 (24:00 MST).
The Fentress Global Challenge is an international design competition created to engage students worldwide in the exploration of future design possibilities in public architecture. The competition theme changes each year to reflect current issues. For 2015, students around the globe are invited to imagine: The Airport of the Future.
- Participants are encouraged to re-envision the terminal building of the future, taking into consideration current technological trends and applying them to the near future.
- The participant should consider every element of the passenger experience and seek to improve every dimension of the building.
- The terminal/concourse building should comprise 30 gates with a third of them being international. Things to consider are urbanization, globalization, technological innovations, flexibility, security, adaptability, and the traveler experience from “curbside to airside.”
- The submission with the highest aesthetic quality and the most fully developed vision will receive the grand prize.
- All students presently enrolled in an accredited college level Architectural or Interiors program are invited to participate.
- Recent 2015 graduates that are not employed at an architecture, interior design, engineering or construction firm may also enter.
- Individuals and teams with a maximum of three members are eligible.
- Only one registration is necessary for each team.
US$15,000 prize and a certificate (US$15,000 prize includes US$5,000 cash, four-week paid internship at Fentress Architects, airfare and lodging.)
US$3,000 cash prize and a certificate
US$2,000 cash prize and a certificate
For More information: