Application Deadline: August 14 2015
The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a research higher degree at Flinders University, the Scholarship covers international tuition fees and a stipend.
A limited number of (up to 10) FIPRS scholarships are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive. The FIPRS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. The FIPRS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
- The scholarships enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time research higher degree.
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, Flinders University provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $25,849 (2015 full rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
You must make contact with an academic staff member in your relevant academic area and have an informal agreement from that person to supervise you if successful.
You must include copies of up to five of your publications, each accompanied with a completed coversheet; publications without coversheets will not be considered.
Applicants must provide a certified copy of all university level academic transcripts, translated into English, please do not provide secondary school certificates or non educational certificates or awards.
You must include a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length, outlining the problem, hypothesis or question and the methodology or approach.
An updated CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
Application Format & Language
All documents that are submitted electronically should be in English, saved preferably as a PDF and scanned and saved in the correct orientation. Please name all document with your family name and document name, for example: name_Transcript, name_publication 1
Download the conditions of award
For More Information: