Application Deadline: April 14th 2020
IYAFP is a youth run nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting youth to learn about and advocate for family planning, sexual and reproductive health and rights. IYAFP provide an accessible platform for youth from around the world to gain the necessary skills and expertise to advocate for themselves and their communities.
Are you interested to be the leader you have always wanted to see, and lead your own country’s chapter?
IYAFP is currently looking for the 2020-2022 cohort of Country Coordinators!
- Someone between 15 and 28 years of age.
- Passionate, driven and ambitious, with the proven ability to lead a team
- With basic knowledge and interest in SRHR
- A commitment to mobilizing change in their community
- And a resident of the country they are applying to be coordinators for
- With an excellent working proficiency in English, French and/or Spanish
- Who is available to commit a minimum of 7-10 hours/week for a two year tenure
- And ready to take on the responsibilities required of the role
Joining our cohort of country coordinators provides you the opportunity to:
- Hone your leadership and advocacy skills and expand your experience in the field of SRHR through educational and training opportunities
- The opportunity to rally youth in your country about a cause you care about and lead a national team
- Shape and strengthen IYAFP’s global network
- Initiate and access small project grants to develop your country specific initiatives
- Connect digitally to the full IYAFP Network of members and alumni via a digital platform
Being selected as a Country Coordinator means that you are committing to:
- Dedicating 7-10 hours/week on IYAFP work on a volunteer basis
- Fulfilling responsibilities through a consensus-based decision-making process with your team and general membership
- Upholding transparent and strategic decision-making, governance, and leadership for your IYAFP country chapter
- Developing and implementing an annual work-plan for the IYAFP country chapter that includes quarterly chapter projects, membership engagement activities, events, and other programming that fulfill long-term goals set out by the IYAFP chapter.
- Acting as the point person for your country chapter and communicating regularly with the IYAFP executive team
- Maintaining rigorous databases of membership information and activities run on the ground
- Hiring your Country Coordinator Team (CCT) through a fair and transparent process. Check the CC Teams TOR available in English, French and Spanish.
Eligible Regions: Open to All
All young people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national origin are encouraged and welcome to apply.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IYAFP Country Coordinator 2020/2022