Application Deadline: November 28 2014
The Master Grant of the University of Bern provides the opportunity to pursue one of the Master degree programmes of the University.
Application is open to highly motivated bachelor graduates (graduated or currently graduating at a non-Swiss university) with outstanding grades and excellent knowledge of the language of instruction.
Number of grantees : Six (6) Bachelor graduates who can commence their Master studies from 14 September 2015.
Applicable discipline: Master degree programmes offered by the University of Bern except for Biomedical Science. Further information at: Faculties.
· Permanent domicile outside of Switzerland at the time of applying,
· Bachelor degree from a non-Swiss university outside Switzerland,
· The discipline of the completed Bachelor studies and of the intended Master studies must be same,
· Predicted completion of the Bachelor studies at the latest by 30 July 2015,
· The Bachelor degree conferred in the last five (5) years.
The contract is in force from 1 September 2015 for 13 months and, depending on performance during the first academic year, can be extended for the entire study period.
· Monthly stipend of CHF 1,600.00 net.
· Exemption from one-off application fee
· Exemption from tuition fees.
· Any transportation costs in general,
· Migration fees: registration and biometric residence permit,
· Health insurance premiums and medical- and dental treatments,
· Study materials including books,
· Subsistence expenses such as accommodation, food, etc.
· CHF 55.00 per semester: CHF 34.00 for registration fee and CHF 21.00 membership fee to the student union,
· MIILE students: registration fee of CHF 200 and privileged tuition fee of CHF 10,000 (regular tuition fee).
Languages in which application can be accepted: English, German, French or Italian
· The completed application with one photo,
· A copy of the student’s passport or ID,
· A Curriculum Vitae (typed in font size 12 on one sheet of A4 or US letter-size paper),
· A letter of motivation in the same language as the Master programme (typed in font size 12 on one sheet of A4 or US letter-size paper),
· Two letters of recommendation from professors of the university which conferred the Bachelor degree (typed on the institution’s letterheaded paper),
· Translation documents issued by the authorised services if initial certificates were issued in another language than English, German, French or Italian.
· Language proficiency certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS for non-native English speakers (Language requirements: Master degree courses), otherwise letter to prove that the instruction and examination language of the Bachelor degree programme was English.
· Bachelor degree certificate or a confirmation that the current academic performance indicates estimated completion of the Bachelor programme by 30 July 2015. This document should not be older than three (3) months,
· Transcripts of all university courses completed,
· An entrance certificate to the university or school-leaving certificate,
· GRE test result (for Biomedical Engineering only)
Mode of delivery
· Post or courier, depending on local postal service quality, must mail one parcel contain two sets documents listed on the accompanying checklist.
· Recipient address:
University of Bern
3012 Bern, Switzerland
· Deadline: 28 November 2014 (our office is closed on weekends and no parcel sent by courier can be received).
Evaluation period: 1 December 2014 – 28 February 2015
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2015 Master Scholarship Grant at the University of Bern, Switzerland