Application Deadline: Varying by Institution
The MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) offers scholarships to professionals for short courses in the Netherlands. Following publication of the subsidy and policy outline in the Staatscourant, the start of the MENA Scholarship Programme will be confirmed.
The overall aim of the MSP is to contribute to the democratic transition in the participating countries. It also aims at building capacity within organisations by enabling employees to take part in short courses in the Netherlands.
While the scholarship is awarded to individuals, all candidates must be nominated by their employer to be able to participate. The need for training has to be demonstrated in the context of the organisation the applicant is employed by.
The MSP is open to professionals who are nationals of – and living and working in – one of the countries listed below:
- Syria *
How to apply
Application for the MSP takes place via Dutch institutions. Each deadline, these institutions provide a list of courses available for that deadline. The short courses on offer fall within several fields of study, and have a duration of 2 to 12 weeks.
Before you decide to apply, make sure to do these 2 things:
- Review the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship.
When you are certain you are eligible for an MSP scholarship, you can start making the necessary preparations for your application.
Follow these steps to apply:
1. Select a course on the MSP course list
The MSP course list for courses in 2018 is now available:
2. Contact the Dutch institution that is offering the course for information on:
- course content
- the application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution)
- the application and selection procedures
- the online application form and the supporting documents
3. Prepare your application and the supporting documents
4. Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course
If your application meets all the course admission requirements and the MSP eligibility criteria, you can be nominated by the Dutch institution for a scholarship. The Dutch institution will inform you about the outcome of your selection.
The scholarships are awarded in a competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organisation.
For any further questions concerning the MSP application and selection procedures, please contact the Dutch institution offering the course directly. You can find contact information for all institutions on.
For More Information: