Application Deadline: July 31st 2016
The German Bundestag is the national Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its seat is the Reichstag Building in Berlin
Do you want to participate in the German Parliament?
If you, France, Israel, the US or the Arab world come from Central and Eastern Europe, then you can use the International Parliament Scholarship of Bundestag (IPS) Five months follow the procedures in the German Bundestag, which collaborate three in a Abgeordnetenbüro.
The German Bundestag awards with the Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin and the Technical University of Berlin annually about 120 scholarships for young graduates from 41 countries.
The program is under the auspices of the President of the Bundestag.
- to promote relations between Germany and the participating countries
- consolidating democratic values and tolerance
- to deepen understanding of cultural diversity
- peaceful coexistence in the world to secure.
The countries involved currently include: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, France, Georgia, Greece, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Croatia, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania , Libya, Morocco, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Palestinian territories, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syria, Czech Republic, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine, USA and Cyprus.
The IPS program lasts 5 months (March 1 to 31 July) and is made up of events, seminars and an internship at a deputy of the German Bundestag.
At the beginning of the program will receive the participants of the three Berlin universities introduced the local academic life and of the federal government an insight into the parliamentary work.
- The IPS is open to highly qualified, committed, open-minded and politically interested young men and women who have the will to shape the democratic future of their country and actively responsible.
- The scholarship recipients are selected by an independent selection committee of the German Parliament with the participation of universities in Berlin due to technical, social, linguistic and intercultural competences.
- Citizenship of the participating country (dual citizenship possible)
- university degree
- very good knowledge of German (according to the level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- younger than 30 years at the start of the scholarship
Joining a deputy
As part of a full-time employment, the scholarship students are familiarized with the various tasks of a Member’s office. Here emphasis is placed on active participation: including to expert opinions elaborations, speech writing, articles and letters, the preparation of meetings and errands of secretarial duties. In addition, the scholarship students accompany their representatives to meetings of the Committees, groups and other bodies, and gain insight into the internal workings, relationships and procedures of Parliament. Also provided is a visit to the constituency of MPs.
Events at universities and political foundations
The scholarship recipients are enrolled in the summer semester as a student at the Humboldt University of Berlin and on request as by listeners on one of the other universities. You can visit during the summer semester up to two courses at the Humboldt University of Berlin or one of the other universities in Berlin. In addition, they participate in a scientific accompanying the Free University, the Humboldt University and the Technical University.
In addition, the fellows are introduced in studies seminars of political foundations in the political, economic and cultural life of Germany.
- The scholarship includes a monthly allowance of 500 euros, free accommodation and health, accident and liability insurance. Moreover, the cost of getting to and are taken to and from Berlin.
- The International Parliament Scholarship is funded by the German Bundestag.
The Franco-German parliamentary scholarship begins on 1 October and ends on 31 July of each year. In the winter semester, the French scholars at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin are enrolled as students. Interested parties should address inquiries directly to the Humboldt University of Berlin.
The International Parliament Scholarship is under the patronage of the President of the German Bundestag, Prof. Dr. Norbert Lammert.
The parliamentary coordination of IPS carried out by the Rapporteur Group for International Exchange Programmes (Rapporteur: Bernhard Schulte-Drüggelte, MP) in the Commission of the Council of Elders of Internal Affairs of the German Bundestag.
For More Information: