Submission Deadline : June 15th, 2015.
When: November 9th to November 13th, 2015
Rawi Screenwriters’ Lab is an annual five-day screenplay development workshop aimed at independent Arab screenwriters working on their first or second narrative feature screenplays.
In 2005 the Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC) launched Rawi (Storyteller), a screenplay development lab, in consultation with the Sundance Institute. Independent Arab screenwriters (Fellows) are offered the chance to develop their work in a uniquely creative environment under the guidance of internationally acclaimed screenwriters from all over the world (Creative Advisors).
The eleventh round of Rawi Screenwriters’ Lab will take place from November 9th to November 13th, 2015 in Jordan whereby 4 to 8 screenwriters will be selected to participate in this year’s round.
In 2015, four to eight screenwriters (Fellows) will be selected to join the lab and experience one-on-one mentoring sessions from internationally acclaimed screenwriters (Advisors) from all over the world. The emphasis of the lab is to develop the writer’s individual voice as a storyteller. Advisors and fellows will engage in an in depth dialogue about the craft of screenwriting and rewriting process, as well as the fellows’ individual vision for their story.
- Rawi Screenwriters’ Lab is open for screenwriters, co-writers, or writers/directors.
- Rawi Screenwriters’ Lab is aimed at Arab screenwriters only. Arabs who live outside of the region can also apply if their parents are from the Middle East, North Africa or the Gulf.
- Screenwriters working on their first or second narrative feature screenplay can apply.
- Applicants must submit a COMPLETE NARRATIVE FEATURE SCREENPLAY.
- Only Arab screenwriters/filmmakers are eligible to apply, regardless of their country of residence.
- Rawi is one of the programs of the Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC), and all expenses including participants’ travel and accommodation will be covered by the RFC.
How to Apply:
- To apply, Fill in the Application and send it to Rawi@film.jo.
- Also enclose, via e-mail, your complete screenplay, cover and introductory letters, a logline, synopsis and writer/director statement.
For More Information: