Application Deadline: May 31st 2015
ANSTI/DAAD Post-Graduate Fellowships -The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) a publicly funded, self-governing oragnisation of the institutions of higher learning in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes. DAAD cooperates with African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI) by offering a number of in-region scholarships for Masters and Ph.D degrees.
- Fellowships are awarded to sub-Saharan African nationals for studies outside the applicants’ home countries.
- Applicants must hold a good bachelors degree (at least 2nd class upper division) and be not older than 36 years old.
- The initial award of the fellowships covers one year. Extension is possible up to two years for Masters courses or more for Ph.D studies upon successful completion of previous year.
- Applicants must obtain the official admission to the host university prior to his/her application for the fellowship. Applicants should apply for the admission to the host university as soon as possible.
- Fellowships, which cover fees, subsistence and international travel, are awarded to staff of ANSTI member institutions for postgraduate studies (M.Sc. or Ph.D) at African universities for staff development.
How to Apply:
The completed application forms in triplicate (part 1 and part 2) should be accompanied by the
- copy of bachelor’s degree certificate for Masters course applicant (copy of bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates for PhD course applicant)
- certified transcripts of university academic performance
- official results of pre-university final exams
- letter of admission to the host university
- letter of recommendation with a remark indicating that the applicant is already a university staff member or is to be employed as staff member after successful completion of the studies
- two passport size photos and Curriculum Vitae
- For PhD application, detailed research proposal with workplan
- The completed fellowship application should reach the ANSTI secretariat by 31st May 2015.
African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI)
UNESCO, P.O.Box 30592, Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: (254-20) 7622620 /7622725, Fax: (254-20) 7622750
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For More Information: