Submission deadline: May 10, 2015
Slogan: The Vyatka Region. Tradition and Modernity.
Time: July 06-26, 2015
Location: The City of Kirov (Documentary)
Moscow (Animation) – July 16-26
If you are a student of Film Direction, Cinematography, Animation & Multimedia, or Computer Graphics Department, you are welcome to the VGIK International Summer School!
Whom: Students in film direction, cinematography, animation, multimedia and computer graphics
Where : The City of Kirov – Moscow, Russian Federation
When: July 06 – 26, 2015
Russian State University of Cinematography named after S. A. Gerasimov is calling international students to take part in the 7th VGIK International Summer School
The program of the VGIK International Summer School consists of two sections:
- Documentary section takes place in Kirov, an old Russian city, well-known for its history, architecture, sceneries, and its cultural heritage.
- Animation section will be held at VGIK Animation & Multimedia Department film studios in Moscow.
At the VGIK International Summer School you get engaged in various shooting-oriented workshops, tutorials, and trainings carried out by widely recognized European and Russian filmmakers.
- The participants-to-be are to send a trailer of a film, they have been working on during their studies at a film school, academy, or university or links to your works
- The submitted trailer is to be approved by the pre-selection committee and the art director of the school
- The working language of the school is English
- Once your film has been shortlisted, the VGIK International Summer School covers all your accommodation & meal expenses, along with public transportation and production costs and provides the participants with all necessary equipment during filming
- The International Summer School is a perfect opportunity to meet renowned European and Russian filmmakers
- The International Summer School arranges a tour around the city (in English) for its participants
- The participants of the school are given a chance to win its prize and get the copyrights on the shoot-to-be video
- The VGIK International Summer School will not be held responsible for covering your travel expenses: air tickets, Russian visa, and medical insurance.
- The Russian visa may be issued only by the Russian consulate in your city or country
How to Apply:
· Completed Application Form
· One photograph
· Letter of recommendation from a school or master
· Trailer of a film, shot in the course of your studies at a film school, academy, or university (subtitled in English), or a link to the video
· Synopsis or your reflections on the subject corresponding with the summer school slogan, that will underlie your documentary and animation films to be shot at the VGIK International Summer School
Send your Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line of the e-mail should include “VGIK International Summer School”.
For More Information: