Application Deadline: April 15 2015
What: Visa for Music Africa Middle-East Music Meeting
When: November, 11th to 14th, 2015 – Rabat, Morocco
Are you a Music Artist/Group, DJ, VJ, Documentary Filmmaker or a Music Video Director?
Visa For Music (VFM) is the first professional market of Africa and Middle-East musics. The project is born from a paradox : on the one hand, the lack –or even the absence- of visibility of African and Middle Eastern artists at an international level and, on the other hand, there is a presence of a very important artistic dynamism and musical creation that these musicians need to be recognized for.
From 11 to 14 November 2015, this international music salon is going to be held again in Rabat, Morocco. A series of cultural events are planned, including showcases to cast spotlight on established and emerging artists. A selection of 24 artists will have the opportunity to perform in front of professionals.
A call for applications, which ends on 15th of April, has been published already. It invites musicians and Djs/Vjs showcases, documentary movies and music video clips to participate.
The salon gathers professionals of the music industry: Artists, professional organizations, agents, record companies, cultural institutions and foundations, media and edition, managers, trainers etc. It is also a mean to revitalize cultural and creative industries of the concerned regions to boost their economy.Conferences, roundtables, documentary showing,professional training and speed-meeting are already in the program.
1) Visa For Music offers a programme that enhances the value and importance of Moroccan, African, Middle-Eastern and World Music.
2) Only professional artists and groups, existing since one year at least and having a stage
experience, will be considered.
3) Only applicants over 18 years old will be taken into account.
- – Artists and groups
- – Independent and major labels
- – Producers and broadcasters
- – Publishers and distributors
- – Theaters and festivals
- – Artistic directors, managers, agents, tour organizers
As an international meeting place and new market, Visa For Music also wants to gather all the representatives of the cultural landscape:
- – Professional organizations
- – Media companies
- – Associations, foundations
- – International institutions, public institutions, governments, local authorities
- – Networks
- – Actors of the civil society
For selected artists, Visa For Music will pay the following expenses for 8 persons at the
- hotel expenses in twin rooms for two nights maximum (including breakfast),
- all local transport costs, related to the performance,
- meals (for 3 days maximum),
- passes for access to concerts for the duration of the event,
- presence in the Visa For Music guide and on the internet website.
- For each selected group, Visa For Music will provide one professional one pass international music expo show, whole event to one person representing the group.
- No charge is made to the artists applying to take part in Visa For Music, but all the above
regulations must be accepted by applicants.
The call of applications for the showcase program is open until 15th April 2015. 24 artists or groups wi l l be selected by a qualified jury to perform in front of music industry professionals from all
over the world.
- Completed application form
• Visa For Music rules and regulations signed
• 2 copies of artist’s/group’s CD (demo as bonus accepted)
• Press kit (information about artist/group, biography, discography, photos…)
• Technical Rider
- The results will be published on the Visa for Music web site: in the course of June 2015.
Registrations are made exclusively by post to :
Visa For Music
B.P 13431 Talbrjt
Maroc / Morocco
For More Information
Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity. H ow can we get in contact and a you able to offer a position to an artiste with one single song?God bless you