Application Deadline: December 15 2014
With the consent of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, the Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, for the 2015/2016 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the aim of the scholarship awards is to provide applicants, with the opportunity to study at University Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA) and Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB)
The academic year for UBD, UNISSA and ITB commences in July/AUgust 2015
- Citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth and ADC member countries and others (including bilateral reciprocal cooperation) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 25 for undergraduate programmes and not exceeding the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31st of July 2015
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Permanent Residents and foreigners residing in Brunei Darussalam
The Scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four (4) years for a First Degree with Honors, One (1) to Two (2) years for a Master’s Degree, three (3) years for a Doctoral Degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, three (3) years of a Doctoral Degree Diploma of Health Sciences at UBD, all on a full-time basis.
- The Scholarships covers tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the institutions for the duration of the programme.
- One return economy class air ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Government of Brunei Darussalam. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
- Allowances payable will include:Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00;
Annual Book Allowance of BND 600.00;
Monthly food allowance of BND150.00;
Upon completion of the programme, baggage allowance to a maximum of BND250.000 to a country in the ASEAN region or BND500.00 to countries outside the ASEA region
- An accommodation at respective institution’s residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in lieu of board and transport
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is complimentary at any Brunei Government hospitals. However, an administrative charge os payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar opts to seek medical and/or dental treatment at a private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by the scholar himself/herself
Application forms can be obtained from the Brunei Darussalam Foreign Missions and representatives of Brunei Darussalam or from the following Address:
Technical Assistance Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Bandar Seri Begawan BD2710
TEl: 00-673-2261177 ext. 387/386/380/383
E-Mail: [email protected]
Three (3) copies of the application form and three copies of the supporting documents must be submitted to Technical Assistant Division or the Brunei Mission in your country of origin or the closest Brunei Darussalam Mission to the Country of Origin
The App;action form and supporting documents must be of A4 size and printed on One side
Application and Closing Date
Completed application forms. together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents, must reach the Technical Assistance Division not later than 15 December 2014.
Extension will not be granted . Incomplete application form submitted will not be considered.
For More Information: