Contest deadline: January 25, 2015
UNESCO invites youths from around the world to take part in the 2015 UNESCO Worldwide Multimedia Competition. Think creatively, and answer the question,
The “Year of Light” focuses on the topic of light and light sciences and its applications; but it is the human curiosity that underlines the vision which brings light to the hearts of humanity.
What kind of light-based innovation would you propose to promote sustainable development and meet the needs of a global challenge such as energy, education, agriculture, or health?
You are encouraged to respond by making a 3-minute video, multimedia presentation, written essay, art work or using any method that channels your specific passion and talent to share your answer to the question.
Juniors ages 10-14 and youth ages 15-24 are eligible. In order to enter the Competition, you agree to these Official Rules
● The work has to be relevant to the question.
● Your work must be original
● All participants need to fill out the Submission Form.
● Please make sure your essay satisfies the following formatting criteria:
–> 12 point Times New Roman
–> 1 inch margins all around
–> 750 – 1000 words
● Videos should be 3 minutes maximum.
● Images of 3 dimensional work will be accepted
● For art, sculpture and photography, tell us in 100 words
about your work, the title, the medium, your age and where you’re from
(Use the Submission form)
● 1 entry per perso
Submit your Application:
Complete the entry form.
2. Answer the question using multimedia.
This can include a presentation such as powerpoint, essay, video, artwork, music or poetry.
The “Year of Light” focuses on the topic of light and light sciences and its applications; but it is the human curiosity that underlines the vision which brings light to the hearts of humanity. What kind of light-based innovation would you propose to promote sustainable development and meet the needs of a global challenge such as energy, education, agriculture, or health?
3. Send Your Multimedia
Send your multimedia via email to [email protected].
Please put your name and the title of your multimedia in the subject line. Send essays as Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word documents.
- Will be announced on March 30, 2015 and will be published on the UNESCO website and in various newspapers around the world.
- There will be 3 finalist for each age group and 7 semifinalists.
- Each semifinalists will receive a certificate.
- Each of the finalists will receive an official plaque, engraved with their name and a certificate.
- The top 9 winners will be recognized and showcased in global events during the summer of 2015.
- First Place winners in each age group will receive a 100% Scholarship to attend the 2015 International Model UN (IMUN) Summer Camp in the USA.
- Second and Third place winners will receive a 50% scholarship 2015 International Model UN (IMUN) Summer Camp in the US
- . Winners will also be invited to the USFUCA Club Conference to be held in Colorado in fall of 2015. A special ceremony held for the top 9 winners.
January 25, 2015
February 10 – March 17, 2015
March 30, 2015
For More Information: