Application Deadline: 15 June 2015.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship enables a Scholar to study at a South African tertiary institution registered with the South African Council on Higher Education for an accredited postgraduate degree programme. The Scholarship is awarded for one or a maximum of two years, currently for an Honours or Masters degree.
- The scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries;
- The scholarship is for postgraduate study at a South African university or tertiary institution (Honours and Masters degrees only);
- Any individual between 19 and 30 years of age may apply;
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship;
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results.
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
For More Information: